APPLE NUTRITION FACTS
• fat free.
• saturated fat free.
• sodium free.
• cholesterol free.
• an excellent source of fibre.
DID YOU KNOW?
• The science of apple growing is called pomology.
• Apples are a member of the rose family.
• Apples were the favorite fruit of the ancient Greeks and Romans.
WHAT THE NUTRITION FACTS LABEL DOESN’T TELL YOU:
• Apples are a natural source of health-promoting phytonutrients, including plant-based antioxidants.
• Apples and apple juice are two important foods contributing the mineral boron to the diet, which may promote bone health.
• Apples contain natural fruit sugars, mostly in the form of fructose.
• Because of apples’ high fibre content, the fruit’s natural sugars are slowly released into the blood stream, helping maintain steady blood sugar levels.
ENJOY THE PEEL
• Whenever possible, don’t peel that apple.
• Two-thirds of the fiber, and many of the antioxidants, are found in apple’s peel.